Monday, September 1, 2008

Meeting Jackie O

Hey hey hey, my name is Jackie Obrin but most people call me Jackie O. I am a junior at Colorado State University- Pueblo. I am majoring in Mass Communications with a double empasis in Broadcasting and New Media. Being a broadcast emphasis I have so many opportunities surrounding me. I am currently working for the college radio station REV 89. Every dj is fun and easy going and the best part is every student is part of the Mass Communication department seeking something different. I am looking into doing an internship with a radio station my senior year, I would love to work for a country station. Knowing what to do after I graduate is hard right now, because I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. At one point in time in my life, I wanted to own a bar, another time I wanted to be a police officer. Right now in my life I have a passion for making opening credits to television shows, which is where the New Media emphasis comes into play. So right now in my life I am concertrating on being young, in college, and working towards the goals in my life.

I am a huge believer of faith and Karma. I am pro-life, and pro-choice. I am a tom-boy at heart; my favorite sports are football, basketball, and swimming. My gradfather was a PE teacher so he always had my sister and I active. I also remember sitting down with him and watching football film. So needless to say, I am so excited for the comeback of football at CSU-P. I use to play basketball in middle school until I got injured so I became a swimmer. I swam on my highschool girls swim team throughout highschool. Along with swimming I became a lifeguard. I have been a lifeguard for five years and have made many saves. Now that I am getting older I have decided to retire from getting paid to tan, and get a real job with a college degree.

No comments: